At General Cable, we recognize and value the benefits a diverse supplier base adds to our business, and remain committed to providing opportunities for small, minority-owned, disabled veteran owned, women-owned, and other historically disadvantaged businesses (MWDVBEs). Our policy is to provide fair and reasonable access to business opportunities to all potential suppliers who are capable of meeting or exceeding our high performance standards.
Our goal is to provide sourcing opportunities that will support the growth and development of MWDVBEs, where these suppliers enhance General Cable’s value and/or create a competitive business advantage. In accordance with this policy, all sourcing decisions are based on maximizing quality, technology and supplier reliability as well as competitive pricing and other similar legitimate business criteria as measured on our corporate supplier scorecard.
Gain a competitive advantage in our market through the development of sustainable business relationships by actively seeking to promote value-added business partnerships with certified diverse suppliers.
General Cable’s Diverse Enterprise Criteria:
At least 51% of the company’s assets or interest must be owned, managed, and controlled by a minority, woman or a disadvantaged group of individuals as classified by the Small Business Administration or other agencies as listed below.
Diversity Eligibility Definitions:
- Minority Business (MBE): Business owned, operated and controlled by a minority including African Americans, Native Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian-Pacific Americans and other minority or ethnic group recognized by SBA who are citizens of the United States.
- Women Owned Business Enterprise (WBE): Business owned, operated and controlled by a female or groups of females who are citizens of the United States.
- Disabled Veteran Business: Business ownership requiring certification from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs or the Department of Defense, which recognizes a service-connected disability of at least 10%.
- Disadvantaged Small Business: Business ownership qualification that includes a registered medical disadvantage.
- Local Small Business: Business that is eligible for assistance from SBA.
General Cable will review certifications not listed below on a case-by-case basis. To learn more about certification, please visit www.SBA.gov.
- Department of Commerce
- Minority Purchasing Councils
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Public Utilities Commissions (PUC)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB)
- Regional Women’s Business Enterprise Corporation
- State Certifications
- State Department of Transportation
We provide Supplier Diversity reporting on a quarterly basis to our participating customers and suppliers upon request.
Becoming a General Cable Supplier
If you are a certified diverse supplier and interested in developing a value added business relationship with General Cable as one of our suppliers, please contact:
Vice President, Sourcing